Completed Application Packet
A completed application packet includes:
- A completed Online Graduate Admission Application.
- A $65 nonrefundable application fee. Acceptable methods of online payment: Visa or MasterCard. Check or money order is also accepted made payable to Buffalo State.
- Appropriate supplemental application materials, such as department application, letter of intent, letters of recommendation, copy of teaching certificate, or recent exam scores as stated in the program description. It is the applicant’s responsibility to review the individual program admissions requirements before applying to determine if supplemental materials are required. Individual program descriptions may be found in the . Supplemental materials are available for download at http://graduateschool.buffalostate.edu/supplemental-application-materials. International applicants: see next section for instructions.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended must be in sealed envelopes. Each institution must send the transcript directly to the student. Applicants submit unopened transcript envelopes with other application materials. Buffalo State students are not required to submit transcripts, as the Graduate School will obtain Buffalo State transcripts; however, if applicant attended other institutions these transcripts must be provided even if sent at time of a previous application. In accordance with federal regulations, all students (except Buffalo State graduates) are required to submit a final transcript with a degree posted to the Graduate School by the start of their graduate work for financial aid eligibility.
- Master of Music Education application is entirely online. See http://music.buffalostate.edu/.
Note: Failure to report all previous college attendance on the application is considered to be academic dishonesty. Discovery of such dishonesty can result in dismissal from Buffalo State.